Friday, December 31, 2010

Congratulations.

I really wanted to participate in a color challenge, I loved the colors in colourQ challenge #65, so decided to particpate for the first time!



This time I decided to do a clean card, after several "busy" cards I felt its time to make a clean one, I really wanna embrace white space, something that I know I am not so good at, but I know with practice I will get the hang of it! I used a sketch that was published in the Dec Paper Crafts Magazine, so neat. Once again I used the butterfly from Antique Background stamp set from Hero arts, can you tell I am in love with that butterfly, I embossed it with silver embossin powder. The strips of paper are from Lost and Found collection from My Mind's eye,If you ask me about the card, I can say I like it..but I need a second openion, I usually ask my DH but he is not home today,so I guess I will see what you have to say about the card, here is my card




Thanks for looking or commenting!

Supplies:
Stamps: Antique Background (Hero Arts), Masculine Motifs (Sentiment, PTI)
Paper: Ripe Avocade, Stampers Select White.
Patterned paper: Lost and Found (My mind's eye).

20 comments:

Lindsay said...

I think this is gorgeous Noora! Love that butterfly set too! Happy New Year!

Aimes said...

*GASP*! Noora this is FABULOUS!!!! I adore the clean lines, the white space and that gorgeous butterfly! You truly did embrace the white space with this beauty!
Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Nancy L. said...

this is beautiful!
i love that its so simple!!
happy new years!

Kim O'Connell said...

Beautiful! I think that is a tricky color combo to work with, but you nailed it!

Victoria said...

This is gorgeous, Noora! I love it!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Noora! A wonderful CAS card. Great use of our colors. Thanks for making this your first ColourQ challenge, hope to see you again! Happy New Year!

Stephanie said...

Noora........This is just amazingly gorgeous!!! Love your use of color and that gorgeous butterfly!

Keva said...

Ooh...I like that! Very pretty

Tracey Brossart said...

Wow simple and gorgeous! Love the butterfly!

Tracey xx :D

RStovall said...

Very pretty! Love how you used the colors and the layout of the card is perfect!

Melissa said...

What an amazing butterfly, Noora! Love your card!

Happy New Year!

Cathy Weber said...

I love the design of this card Noora. The strips really balance each other and that really is a great butterfly. It looks so nice done in the embossing powder. You did a great job challenging yourself to use white space on your card. Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Stunning!!!!!

Christina said...

This is totally gorgeous, Noora! I just love the design and that beautiful butterfly. Thanks for playing with us at the ColourQ!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous--simple, yet very interesting to gaze at! Thanks so much for playing with the CQC colors too!

Jen Carter said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!! Love the way you used the papers and the embossed butterfly! Terrific card!

Ted said...

Noora this is absolutely beautiful! :)

Faith said...

I think this is beautiful! I love everything about it - the colors, the white space the silver, the simplicity... Gorgeous!

Monica K. said...

This is stunning, Noora!! I love the colors and the amazing flourish you used. Really awesome card!!

Fi said...

Love this card! Well done with the colour combo - the butterfly is beautiful. TFS!!