Tuesday, October 26, 2010

PTI Blog Hop

Here is this month's challenge....

There is always a lot of focus on Christmas in our industry this time of year, as that is what the majority of the population celebrates. However, this month's blog hop is dedicated to those that celebrate winter holidays other than Christmas. Create a project that celebrates Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or some other winter holiday as we embrace everyone's beliefs in a celebration of diversity through paper crafting.
I decided to make an Eid card, for the first time ever I handmade an Eid card, I am happy with the way the card turned out, I have been dying to use white, pink and a lill green in a card, I am sure you guys wondering why there isn't any sentiment on the outside, you know why? coz I forgot! yeah as simple as that, after adhering all the layers I realized that I didn't print the sentiment..."duh", so what I did is I printed the "Happy Eid" sentiment in a separate paper and then adhered it inside of the card. here is my card outside and inside!



By the way, the butterfly is embossed, its such a pretty pink, unfortunately, the camera didn't capture it , the thing is I took the pictures at night, so no natural sunlight, therefore, the picture quality is not that good.

Thanks for looking!

Supplies,

Stamps: Butterfly dreams, Turning a new leaf.
Ink: Hibiscus Burst, Ripe avocado and Spring Moss.
Paper: Stamper's select White.
Others: Hibiscus Burst Satin Ribbon.



30 comments:

Kara said...

really pretty Noora!!

Dana said...

This is so pretty Noora. I love how your main focal image looks like one of the stamps in the Anniversary set Round & Round. Awesome! And I like the sentiment on the inside, it doesn't detract form the beautiful front at all!
With that said, I need your address so I can send you the EID card I made for the hop! *wink*

Babies- Beth said...

oh, I love your card! This really can work for a birthday card, and by golly, for a baby card as well!!

Laura Isham said...

This is so pretty. I have to do some research on Eid. I love the cards I have seen that today with that holiday for inspiration.

Kelly S. said...

Oh beautiful layout and color scheme! Love the butterfly with those branches!

Stamper for fun said...

Noora, very lovely card. Nice colors.

**June**

Ginger Claire said...

Very pretty xx

Melissa said...

So pretty, Noora! I love the clean look of the white, with the beautiful pops of pink and green! And those leaves are just right under the butterfly!

Mariah said...

Very pretty! I hope all is well with your family! Wishing your DH a speedy recovery!

Jen Carter said...

This is spectacular!! What a beautiful card! I love how you added the rhinestones at the top of the circle too! That is such a GREAT element!!

Keva said...

Oh, Noora! This is lovely. I really like the colors and I think the sentiment on the inside is a great idea.

Kristii said...

Sooooo very pretty Noora!!!!!! I love the colors!!!!

Gayatri said...

So so so pretty, Noora! Love the colors and embossing. Well done!
Wishing your husband a speedy recovery.

Paula Laird said...

Beautiful! i love these colors and your stamping is wonderful!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very pretty! Lovely embossed background and use of the butterfly border.

Sue Lelli said...

REALLY PRETTY! I went back and saw that you embossed the butterfly and I'll bet it's FAB in person!

Laurie said...

Very pretty card! Even without a sentiment on the front! LOL!!! TFS!

Terri E. said...

What a fun and light card. Great job with the PTI challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Adele Fowler said...

this is so pretty, love the embossing :)

Traci Nachtrab said...

gorgeous!! i really love it.

Amy said...

Just gorgeous Noora! Beautiful colors and layout....those colors just pop on the white~

pattylt said...

Noora, the card is beautiful! You are making me pull out my butterfly set today! I am so inspired and thank you for that!...and Happy Eid!

Diane Jaquay said...

Noora, this is beautiful!!!

Terri said...

Very pretty! Love the butterflies and the colors too!

Linda said...

Lovely card. This truly can be used for many occasions. The textured background is so pretty and I love the graduated rhinestones and placement. Fabulous job!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

gorgeous card...have a fabulous day!

enjoy *~*

christy compton hall said...

Hi Noora! I never got to see the blog hop, but I do remember you were going to do an Eid card. I teach LOTS of Muslim students, and I loved seeing all the beautiful henna in Sept :) I will have to share this with my advisory kids - it's beautiful!

Monica K. said...

Beautiful, Noora! Really pretty card!!

Anonymous said...

Do you even speak English? Seriously, wall of text crits me for 99999k.

Anonymous said...

Nice post, kind of drawn out though. Really good subject matter though.