Monday, October 18, 2010

Thanks Friend!

Finally I made a card! I ended up making a card that is very different from the one that I envisioned in my mind, I started with Ocean tides, kraft, Simply Chartreuse, but I ended substituting Ocean Tides with Scarlet Jewel, I am thankful for Color Cue challenge because that's where I learned to use Scarlet Jewel, prior to that I was so clueless when it came to Scarlet Jewel, really, participating in challenges helps us stretch our creativity. I am also loving Aqua mist with Simply Chartreuse! The layout is something that i just came up with while playing with the various elements of the card, I am sort of happy with the way it turned out, but some times when I look at it I feel like the Aqua mist flower is just too bright for the card,like it is not blending so well, what do you think? If I had copics I would have colored this beautiful flower.

Coincidentally, this week's waltzingmouse sketch challenge is very similar to the one I used in this card..:)..how weird is that?! so I am going to submit my card for their challenge, its my first time and I sure hope its not last. So here is my card..




Thank for looking!

Supplies:
Stamps: Distress strips, Friends till the end, Big and Bold wishes.
Ink: Scarlet Jewel, Hawaiin Shores.
Paper: Kraft, Scarlet Jewel, Aqua mist, Simply Chartreuse and Vintage Cream.

13 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE your plaid background! That is fantastic! What a great card!

Kathy Martin said...

So pretty! Love the gems....great touch! :)

Kay said...

Love the background, and the scarlet jewel sentiment on the Kraft!

Southern Moments said...

wow..this is beautiful!

Mary
Scrap n' Stamp

Lindsay said...

Oh Noora! I loove this card! So so pretty!

Jen Carter said...

So pretty!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! I love your colour choices..so rich and vibrant!

Jennifer K said...

Beautiful, Noora. I love the little bling that you added - it's the pefect finishing touch. I have a secret for you - I don't have any Scarlet Jewel paper. I don't know what to do with it either!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh so pretty! That blue flower is stunning! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :) Hope you come back & play again!

Julia Aston said...

I love the colors on your pretty card today! thanks for playing with WMS this week!

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful take on the sketch. lovely card. thanks for playing along with us at WMSC this week!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

This is so beautiful Noora, and I love the unusual colour combo!! Perfect touches everywhere!

Monica K. said...

Beautiful card, Noora!! Love the colors! :)