Monday, September 27, 2010

Color Cue Challenge



So here is a card I made for Color Cue Challenge few days ago but just was so busy to post it before today, this card really drove me crazy!! I spent hours working on it..every time I followed a certain layout something looked off to me..until finally I decided to go with one, and I am now a happy stamper..:)..the green is a patterned paper from my stash, I am not sure which brand it is, but it is a bit brighter than Simply Chartreuse from PTI. I am also happy with the way the focal point turned out, I sponged it with Spring Moss ink and the result is really pretty!


Thanks for Looking!

Supplies:
Stamps: On my Couch Additions.
Ink: Scarlet Jewel, Spring Moss.
Paper: Scarlet Jewel, Green Patterned paper, Early Bird (cosmo Cricket), whisper White, Harvest Gold.

19 comments:

Jamie Lane said...

This is adorable!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Very pretty Noora, love the focal point with the couch!

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous take on the colors. Love all the texture, Noora and like Taheerah said, love the focus on the couch. Well done!

Stephanie said...

This is just adorable! I love your color combination and embossing! Too cute!

Cathy Weber said...

Have to admit I am going to case this card Noora. It is so pretty, bright and I love the impression plate with the strip down the center. I am not sure I can do as well on the sponging, but I will give it a try. Very nice card.

Jennifer K said...

The inking around the focal point turned out really well! And the impression plate adds a really fun touch to the whole card. Great job!

Sue in Grapevine said...

Very cute card, nicely designed!

Amy said...

I love the sponging/inking you did on your focal point. You really nailed the color cue challenge here!

Jackie Solomon said...

Fantastic!! Love this, great use of the colors and the overall design is wonderful.

BethieJ said...

LOVE how this turned out! Such a GREAT color combo!!! nice job!

Dana said...

I would be a happy stamper if I created this card too Noora. Awesome!

Ingrid Danvers said...

What a gorgeous card and great take on the challenge, Noora. You did a fab job!

Lindsay said...

This is so fun Noora! I love the green texture and of course that awesome couch!

Nerina said...

This is absolutely beautiful Noora! I love the movement in the background with the embossed circles and the great way you've made a focal point of the couch!

Laurie said...

Wow Noora! I love this! Great take on this challenge!

Monica K. said...

Oh my gosh, Noora! This is amazing! I love what you did with that IP and the sponging looks great! Beautiful card!!

Elise said...

THIS is gorgeous! I'm sorry it frustrated you a bit, but WE could have never known if you didn't confess your "journey!" hee hee THIS is EXCELLENT use of the W9 color palette! It demonstrates all the MAGIC of this combo - YEEE HAW! Thanks, SO much, for sharing your beautiful work with the W9 Color Cue!

Jen Carter said...

I'm totally loving how the impression plate looks on this paper! GORGEOUS!! Love this card and how you used the colors! Fantastic!

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE! The circle background is awesome and I love that sofa!