Saturday, July 24, 2010

Everday is a gift!

For a long time I wanted to emboss and sponge and yesterday I finally did it, I heat embossed and then I used Terracotta Tile ink to sponge the whole layer. its not perfect and not so neat, still I am happy how it turned out! I stamped the butterfly onto Sprin Moss cardstock, I find myself liking this butterfly more than the one with the die..:)


Here is a close up of the embossed leaf and the sponging, its not so neat like I said, I think I am gonna do this more often, I find terracotta tile ink perfect for this kind of effect!


Thanks for looking!

Supplies:
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams, Fancy Flourish, Everyday button bit (sentiment), turning a new leaf.
Paper: Rustic Cream, SS white.
Ink: Terracotta Tile, Black, Ripe Avocado.
Others: Terracotta tile Ribbon, Clear embossing powder.

9 comments:

Lisa V. said...

This is a beautiful card. I love all of the stamp sets that you used.

Laurie said...

Noora you did a fantastic job with this! I love the color you used for the sponging! Beautiful card!

Jen Carter said...

Very pretty! Great job!

Jill said...

Super pretty, Noora! The embossing/sponging effect looks fab, and I really like your layout too!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is really pretty Noora! I love the terracotta tile with the spring moss!

Kathy Martin said...

Gorgeous! Love the clean design! :)

Jennifer K said...

This is so pretty. I love how the flourish mimics grass - I never would have thought to use it like that. Great job!

Baseret said...

This is really pretty! The sponged Terracotta Tile is really pretty!

Dana said...

Jaw dropping beauty! Love the mix of orange and red.