Saturday, July 17, 2010

2 Sketches 4 you!

For the first time I am taking part in 2 sketches 4 you challenge, this weeks sketch is really fun and easy. I decided to use a stamp set that I bought recently "friends till the end" I am in love with that flower, even with so many flower stamps in PTI non stood out to me like this one! I stamped the flower onto lemon tart cardstock and since I don't have copics I just used a sponge to add some shades to the flower, I am satisfied with the result. There is one thing though, after making the card a thought hit me..is this card based off the sketch or is it just too different?..I guess I will leave it for them to decide..:)

Thanks for looking!

Supplies:
Stamps: Friends till the end.
Ink: Dark Chocolate and Raspberry Fizz
Paper: Summer sunrise, lemon tart, spring moss and SS white.
Others: Raspberry Fizz grosgrain ribbon and nestabilitis impression plate.

12 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Just BEAUTIFUL Noora! Love how you used the flower as the circle element in the sketch!!

Laura Davis said...

This is stunning!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Gayatri said...

Wow! Nice summery card Noora! Love the coloring of the flowers. Great take on the sketch.

Cheryl Nelson said...

Oh soooooo lovely!!

Laurie said...

I LOVE this Noora! This is gorgeous!! The color on the white base just makes that flower pop! Great job with the sketch!

(Can you email me? I can let you know about the chalking but I can't find your email addy! Thx!
llwillison@hotmail.com!)

Monica Kulenovic said...

Noora, this is so gorgeous! Love how you sponged the flower and love the subtle embossing in the background. And I agree with you about the Friends til the end flower--it's such a cool flower!

BeeBeebabs said...

Very nice card you did a nice job tfs

Amy said...

Girl, you don't need Copics if you can do terrific work with those chalks like you did! BEATUIFUL!!!

Paper Boutique said...

Way pretty, love the colors and the softnness!

Heidi said...

Oh Noora this is beautiful! Your flower is so life-like.

Jen Carter said...

Stunning! This is gorgeous! I love your embossed background and you did a fantastic job on coloring that flower!

Margaret C said...

Hi Noora, I love this card and I've totally CASEd it as my inspiration has gone on holiday without me! Thanks for lending me yours !