Friday, April 30, 2010

Happy colors

First, THANK YOU ALL for commenting on my last card, totally made my day! I was totally unhappy with that card. SO, my sister's friend requested a handmade birthday card, the only thing she wanted was BRIGHT colors! you heard me, bright!! which is something I didnt play with for a while, I have been wanting to make a card using the beautiful Hawaiin Shores, so I thought to myself, here is a chance to try something different, if it turned out ok, well and fine, if not, you can always make another one!. Guess what? I am totally happy with the result,  I ENJOYED making this card, in fact I am going to say goodbye to "vintage" for a while, coz I had lots of fun playing with happy fun colors and isn't that cupcake the most adorable thing or what!!?, such a beautiful stamp set. 
My cards is heavily inspired from Dawn Macvey's card. I used Hawaiin Shores as a base for the card, layered it with Summer sunrises with a lill dash of Raspberry Fizz, I AM IN LOVE!, Thank you Dawn for this beautiful card!

Thanks for Lookin!

Supplies (All PTI except noted):
Stamps: Baby Button Bits, Background Basics: Dimond, PDB II.
Ink: Summer Sunrise, Hawaiin Shores, Rasberry Fizz, True Black.
Paper: Hawaiin Shores, Summer Sunrise, SS White, Autumn Abundance pattern paper.

16 comments:

megspaulding said...

Love this card Noora! Love all the patterns you paired togther, they look great! Nicely done!

Dana said...

Love, love, LOVE this card Noora! Bright is definitely YOUR THING apparently! I just love this...

Emm said...

It certainly is a happy card!

Keva said...

I love it. The cupcake looks so vibrant and nice. Great colors. The papers work fabulously together.

Ted said...

This card could not possibly be any cuter, Noora! I love the patterns and the color coordination. Snazzy!

Sue Ann said...

I agree the colors are GREAT. Your card is uber cute!!

Rhonda said...

Very cute. I love the background design at the bottom

Danielle said...

It's such a bright and happy looking card! I love it! :)

Jackie Pedro said...

Wonderful card! The colors are fab!!!

Amy said...

I LOVE the colors used on this card along with all those patterns!

Diane Jaquay said...

Ooooh, these ARE happy colors (and happy patterns lol!) LOVE this card, makes me HAPPY ;)

Barbara said...

Love this!!! It could not be any cuter--love your bright happy colors and the layout is awesome!

Taheerah said...

Beautiful card Noora! You paired all the colours up so well together, so I think you definitely should keep making bright, colourful cards like this one, they're so fun!

Jennifer Carter said...

So cute!! Love the combo of colors and all those polka dots!!

Nerina said...

This card is such a beautiful, happy rocking piece of art! Love the colours and patterns you've put together - gives that cupcake a whole new life altogether :0)!!

Lindsay said...

Great card Noora! I love the colors you used! Thank you for visiting my blog today!